I had a white t-shirt that had a small permanent spot on it so I decided to paint it. I got it completely wet and dunked the hem in a watered down gray acrylic paint and let the paint creep up. Well, I couldn’t see the spot any longer but the shirt looked flat. So I got it wet again and wrapped it around my “shibori” pole, squished it down and wrapped a string around it. Using watered down African Violet I poured the paint over the shirt and rotated it and left it out to dry in the beautiful sunshine. Once dry, I rinsed and washed it, heat set/ironed it. Though the front came out mostly tinted with little to no shibori type marks (it was obviously on the inside of all of the wrapped layers), the back (purple photo) turned out pretty neat. But I may not be finished with it yet – who knows it may show up in a piece of fiber art some day!